Our Residential Services are an excellent fit for people who want to live independently in a house with two or three roommates.
What can each person expect at their new house?
- The person chooses which house, duplex or apartment feels like home.
- Each home has three or four bedrooms.
- Each person served interviews a potential new roommate and chooses if they want to live with this person or prefer to interview someone else.
- Individuals live independently and are supported and empowered to make choices based on individual preferences, likes, and dislikes.
- Depending on the level of support for all individuals who reside in the house, Crossroads staff is available onsite on a 24-hour basis if need be. Crossroads staff’s flexibility allows this support level to change month to month as determined by the individual’s service plan.
- Crossroads ensures capacity for new referrals by opening new houses when needed.
- Receiving/benefitting from services for which the
- individual applied
- Funded by an outside source/private pay
- Not harmful to others
- Not listed on the sexual offender registry
- 18+ years old to access Daily SCL services
- Access to hourly SCL or Respite as a child/adult
- Provide own living expenses if accessing
- daily SCL services
- Not diagnosed as an alcoholic or drug abuser preventing the person from benefitting from
- received services
- Additional criteria (per CWI policy) will be considered at time of inquiry/referral
All service-providing staff complete an orientation process with ongoing training specific to the individual’s diagnosis. Staff are certified in CPR, first aid and mandatory reporting, and must pass rigorous criminal and background checks.
Locations offering Supported Living Services
- Battle Creek
- Council Bluffs
- Missouri Valley
- Sioux City